Oceanport Family Law

Our Family Law Attorneys in Oceanport, New Jersey Aggressively Advocate For You!

Call 800-537-4154 For Your Consultation. Meeting Location By Appointment Only.

Courts such as the Monmouth County Superior Court are often asked to help resolve family law disputes when the parties – typically ex-spouses or parents of a child or children – cannot resolve the dispute themselves. These family law proceedings can exact a tangible toll on the resources and mental and emotional stamina of the parties because, unlike other lawsuits, family law proceedings in Oceanport and elsewhere throughout New Jersey can drag on for months – even years – before they are fully resolved. Continuing on with your life and/or focusing on being a good parent to your child depends in large part on your ability to swiftly and successfully resolve your family law dispute. While each case is different and unique, Aretsky Law Group, P.C. can provide you with the resources and advocacy you need to have the best chance at achieving your family law dispute goals.

Frequently Asked Questions About Oceanport Family Law Cases

Couple Signing Document At Aretsky Law Group, P.C., we want you to be an informed and empowered client: we are here to not only represent your interests in and out of court but to keep you informed about what is going on in your case – and why. We will answer the questions you may have about your Oceanport family law case, such as:

  • Can I obtain custody or more visitation with my child? In Oceanport and throughout Monmouth County, courts are required to award the nonresidential parent adequate and reasonable parenting time. Modifications to the parenting time schedule set by the court or a change in custody require the court to be convinced that the change is in the child’s best interests.
  • Am I eligible to file for divorce in Oceanport? New Jersey Revised Statutes set forth the requirements to file for divorce in New Jersey. Unless you are filing for divorce and alleging one or more “fault based” grounds for divorce like adultery, a divorce cannot be granted unless you or the other party have been a bona fide resident of the state for at least one year. You may file your divorce action in Monmouth County if that is the county in which you or your partner reside.
  • How long with my case take to resolve? Family law cases are either resolved through a judge’s order issued after a hearing or through an agreement of the parties. This process can take weeks or months to complete, depending on the complexity of the issue and how eager you and the other party are to resolve the matter
Count on Aretsky Law Group, P.C. to Provide You With Experienced Counsel

If you find yourself a party to a family law dispute in Oceanport, call Aretsky Law Group, P.C. for help at 800-537-4154.

Client Reviews
My experience with Eric as an attorney was genuinely pleasurable. Eric’s expertise in litigation, and personable attributes made the litigation of my case go over with ease. Eric was always punctual and went above and beyond my expectations in getting my case settled... Timothy G.
Eric was able to successfully represent me in a financial dispute. I found his candor, knowledge, and skills highly effective in resolving the matter. This was my first experience using his services and now regard him as my personal attorney for any issue. Eric is my first call. Thank you! Dave
Couldn’t have done it without his help. He kept us calm, had complete knowledge of the process and helped us negotiate our plea. It was totally worth hiring a lawyer have the outcome we did. Maureen