Middletown Parental Alienation

Aretsky Law Group, P.C. Experienced Middletown Divorce Lawyers and Parental Alienation in Middletown New Jersey

Are you divorced or going through a divorce? Do you worry that your ex-partner has been making disparaging comments about you in front of your children? Do you think these comments may be adversely affecting your relationship with your children? If so, then your children may be victims of parental alienation. Parental alienation can occur when a child is influenced by one parent to disparage or reject the other parent. For instance, maybe your ex-partner is lying to your child and telling them that you don’t want to see them or spend time with them, or maybe they are telling your child that you are to blame for the divorce. When this occurs, your relationship with your child can suffer, and the impacts can be lasting. If you suspect that your child might be a victim of parental alienation, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced Middletown Parental Alienation Lawyer as soon as possible.

Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of Parental Alienation

If you think that your ex-partner is negatively influencing your child in order to sabotage your relationship with your child, then your child may be a victim of parental alienation. Some of the warning signs of parental alienation that you should be aware of include:

  • Your ex-partner is denying you access to your child;
  • Your ex-partner is divulging too many details of the divorce, or perhaps false details about the divorce to your child;
  • Your ex-partner is encouraging your child to get angry with you, or your child says they are angry at you for no good reason;
  • Your ex is asking your child to choose one parent over the other;
  • Your child is acting rebellious towards you or says they don’t want to see or talk to you;
  • Your ex is refusing to be flexible about the parenting time schedule;
  • Your ex is denying you access to your child’s medical or school records;
  • Your ex is listening in on your phone calls with your child;
  • Your ex is failing to abide by court orders;
  • Your child is spying on you at the request of your ex;
  • Your ex is asking your child for personal details about your life.

If any of these signs or symptoms are occurring and you feel as though your relationship with your child is in jeopardy, it is important that you remain calm and stay in control of your own emotions. Be sure to keep track of any instance where your child says they don’t want to see your or talk to you, or any time your ex fails to act in accordance with the custody or parenting time schedules. Also, never blame your child for what is happening as what they usually really need is extra love and support. Finally, if you suspect that your child is a victim of parental alienation, you should seriously consider contacting an experienced Middletown Parental Alienation Lawyer as soon as possible to protect your parental rights.

How can a Lawyer Help Me if I Think my Child is a Victim of Parental Alienation?

First of all, if you do not have a formal custody or visitation order in place, and you think that your ex is actively interfering with your parental rights, you should request one from the court. A skilled divorce lawyer will be able to assess your situation so that not only your rights are protected but also those of your child. A formal custody or parenting time order can set forth a plan that works for all parties involved. If you do have a court order in place, but you are not getting the time with your child that you are entitled to, be sure to let the judge know that you think your ex is manipulating your child and damaging your relationship with them. Even if a judge does not believe that parental alienation is an actual syndrome, they will usually look down upon a parent who is interfering with a child’s relationship with the other parent and the court will always be committed to protecting the best interests of the child. Some of the remedies you might receive if your ex is interfering with custody or parenting time include permanent or temporary changes to the parenting plan including changing who might be the primary residential parent, and possibly compensatory parenting time, or extra visitation time to make up for lost time with your child.

Contact the Aretsky Law Group, P.C., Today

Do you think that parental alienation is adversely affecting your relationship with your child? Is your ex failing to comply with custody orders? At the Aretsky Law Group, P.C, our attorneys have the experience and the resources for assisting you with your parental alienation situation. Contact Aretsky Law Group, P.C. by calling 800-537-4154 to discuss your case and schedule a Consultation at our Middletown, N.J. meeting location by appointment only.

Client Reviews
My experience with Eric as an attorney was genuinely pleasurable. Eric’s expertise in litigation, and personable attributes made the litigation of my case go over with ease. Eric was always punctual and went above and beyond my expectations in getting my case settled... Timothy G.
Eric was able to successfully represent me in a financial dispute. I found his candor, knowledge, and skills highly effective in resolving the matter. This was my first experience using his services and now regard him as my personal attorney for any issue. Eric is my first call. Thank you! Dave
Couldn’t have done it without his help. He kept us calm, had complete knowledge of the process and helped us negotiate our plea. It was totally worth hiring a lawyer have the outcome we did. Maureen