Due to COVID-19, we are providing FREE consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions! 1-800-537-4154. Learn More ยป

Divorce lawyer reveals how to obtain a restraining order

copcar If your spouse has hurt you or threatened to hurt you, intentionally damaged your property, or repeatedly contacted you in a way that is annoying or intimidating, you may be able to get a restraining order against them. Our law firm serves many Fort Lee family law clients around these and other family law issues. A restraining order can require your spouse to do a of a number of things including: prohibit them from contacting you or others named in the order, from continuing the abusive behaviors, or from possessing a firearm. It can give you sole possession of the home you both live in, require them to pay for certain expenses, require them to undergo counseling, or other relief that you request for yourself or your children. If your spouse is being abusive, your family law attorney will help you collect the documentation you need of the abuse to get a restraining order. Your attorney can help you to decide what the order will compel your spouse to do or stop doing to keep you and your children safe. You may want to ask your attorney about pursuing criminal charges against your spouse.The highly qualified Bergen County lawyers at Aretsky & Aretsky provide experienced, caring, and aggressive representation in the areas of Divorce, Criminal Defense, Employment Law and Personal Injury with offices in: Bergen County, Hackensack, Ridgewood, Mahwah, Fort Lee.

Contact Information