Due to COVID-19, we are providing FREE consultations via PHONE or VIDEO conferencing for your safety and convenience. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions! 1-800-537-4154. Learn More ยป

Can I Move My Child Out of State if I’m the Custodial Parent? Video

New Jersey Allows Leeway in Most Cases of Custodial Parents Wanting to Move Out of State

Our Bergen County divorce attorneys handle all manner of legal issues pertaining to divorce and child custody. If you are a divorced parent, or in the process of going through a divorce, and you are wondering what your rights are in the state of New Jersey to move with your child, watch this short video. In this one and a half minute video, Bergen County attorney Eric Aretsky explains in plain language the legal process you must go through to move with a child out of the state of New Jersey.

If you live in the Bergen County area and you would like to relocate with your child out of state, or if your child’s parent is trying to relocate and you disagree with the decision, contact Aretsky and Aretsky for experienced counsel.

Contact Information